|Diploma would've sucked without them|
I’m officially a Human Capital Management diploma holder ! Qualification isn’t everything, but I have to admit that it does feel amazing to have something to my name.
- Pay attention in class and what the lecturer says. Jot down notes whenever possible, don’t rely on your printed material. It’s not enough.
- Also, make it a point to remember the examples your lecturer gives, it’s going to help when you write an exam paper and they see that you actually pay attention haha.
- Try not to skip classes unless you’re sure that you’re not going to miss anything important.
- Take your assignments seriously. Don’t just do it for the sake of finishing it. Put thought into it, do your research, look up the internet. They carry a big percentage to your overall coursework so you should give your very best effort.
- If you don’t know, ask. And I don’t just mean asking your lecturer. Ask your friends ! They’re more than willing to help you understand if you just ask. I am so weak at any subjects that have calculations or numbers, so I make it a point to ask my friends to teach me and alhamdullilah, I managed to do well despite feeling incredibly stupid in class haha.
- And this brings me to my next point; If your friends don’t know, you help by teaching them. The more you expain to people, the better you understand. Nobody should be stingy with their knowledge.
- Ace your presentations ! Before presenting, make sure you thoroughly understand the topic you’re presenting. Make sure your slides are not lengthy, section them into points and you do the elaborations verbally. DO. NOT. JUST. READ. Try to explain in your own words, and give your own examples.
- If no one is taking the lead, you take the lead. In a group assignment, don’t just wait around for somebody to say something if you know that you should start already. You divide the task, ask who wants to do which, compile, submit on the deadline. Don’t wait around. Yes, you are going to look and seem bossy, but that’s just how it has to be. A quote I pretty much live by : Nothing will work unless you do.